The Telecom Sector Skill Council is committed to develop world class skilled manpower for the Telecom industry
Telecom Sector Skill Council, a non-profit industry driven body set up under the aegis of the NSDC would strive to:
- Create a viable ecosystem by implementing an "integrated approach" by prioritizing initiatives that can have a catalytic effect to develop competency based framework of world class excellence for skill development and quality assurance of personnel in the Telecom sector
- Narrow the existing gap between demand and supply of skills by increased collaboration between the three primary stakeholders i.e. HR, Industry and academia
- Up-skill and certify 45 Lacs personnel in 150 trades, train 24,000 trainers, accredit 500 training organizations and to cover the whole country progressively over a period of 10 years by signing MOUs with around 200 industries
- Facilitate Training the Trainer
- Develop necessary frameworks for standards, curriculum and quality assurance at all levels in vocational / technical programs to meet the needs of the industry.
- Participate in regional and international vocational telecom sector development initiatives
- Set up a comprehensive pan- India Labour Market Information System (LMIS) i.e. preparing a web based compendium of job roles and skill types to assist in planning for re-skilling, delivery of training and employability.
- Undertake occupational mapping and skill gap analysis i.e. identification of skill development needs based on LMIS and emerging technologies.
- Rationalize and maintain a skill inventory.
- Create a skill development plan in coordination with Electronic and IT sector skill councils.
- Review and identify emerging skill gaps by trend analysis.
- Develop National Occupational Standards (NOS) that feature skill competency standards and qualifications.
- Refine the existing curricula to align it with NOS, obtain approval from an industry led body of experts and facilitate building of delivery capacity.
- Plan and institutionalise an effective system for training of trainers.
- Steer the affiliation and accreditation processes to enable quality assurance in training in par with international standards.Steer the affiliation and accreditation processes to enable quality assurance in training in par with international standards.
- Create an assessment framework to award tamper proof certifications to trainees.
- Promote academies of excellence by nurturing state of vocational training.
- Manage resources efficiently to achieve results and value for money.