- 25th Feburary, 2016: TSSC Signed MoU with Sharda University .
- 22nd December, 2015: TSSC Signed MoU with Shobit University .
- 13th November, 2015: A-Set becomes TSSC Partner.
- TSSC Signs Tri-Partite MoU with Don Bosco & Genix
- Ericsson Regional Head meet CEO-TSSC
- TSSC signed MOU with NIESBUD
- Mr Srinivas Reddy is appointed as the Ambassador of TSSC
- Gunjan Sinha COO, millenium telecom Ltd. With CEO, TSSC as an affiliated training partner
- TSSC Signs MoU with Sahasra Sambhav Skill Development Pvt Ltd on 21st May 2015.
- First Skill Certificates distributed to Amity University Students on 20th May 2015.
- TSSC signed an MoU with Shreetron India Ltd on 19th Dec 2014. The MoU was signed between Lt Gen Dr SP Kochhar, CEO TSSC & Shri G S Naveen Kumar, IAS MD, Shreetron India Ltd
- 20th October, 2014: TSSC Signed MoU with Computer Society of India on 20th Oct 2014 at CSI,
Chennai. The MoU was signed between Lt Gen Dr SP Kochhar, CEO TSSC & Mr HR Mohan, President CSI .
- 20th October, 2014: TSSC Signed MoU with Veltech Rangarajan Dr Sagunthala R&D Institute of
Science & Technology on 20th Oct 2014 at Veltech University Campus. The MoU was signed between Lt Gen Dr SP Kochhar,
CEO TSSC & Col Prof Dr R Rangarajan, Founder - Chancellor & President Veltech .
- 8th October, 2014: TSSC Signed MoU with Rayat Bahara Group of Institutes on
08th Oct 2014 at Rayat Bahara University Campus, Chandigarh.The MoU was signed between Lt Gen Dr SP Kochhar,
CEO TSSC & Mr Gurvinder Singh Bahra, Chairman RBGI.
- 1st October, 2014: TSSC Signed MoU with Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Engg College on 01st Oct 2014 at
BBSBEC, Chandigarh. The MoU was signed between Lt Gen Dr SP Kochhar, CEO TSSC & Maj Gen Dr GS Lamba, Principal BBSBEC.
- 8th september, 2014: TSSC Signs MoU with E&Y .
- 5th september, 2014: TSSC Signs MoU with IBSA & E-Oz (Australian SSCs) for Phase II collaboration
on development of Transnational Standards .
- 25th august, 2014: TSSC Signed MoU with SRM University on 25th Aug 2014 at SRM University Campus,
Chennai. The MoU was signed between Lt Gen Dr SP Kochhar, CEO TSSC & Dr N Sethuraman, Registrar SRM University.
- 21st august, 2014: TSSC Signs MoU with Karnataka Govt for Skill Development Initiatives in the
State of Karnataka.
- 6th august, 2014: TSSC signed MoU with D-Link on 06th Aug 2014.
- 2nd july, 2014: TSSC Signed MoU with Jamia Millia University.
- 30th june, 2014: TSSC Signed MoU with Govt. of Himachal Pradesh"
On 30th June 2014, TSSC Signed an MoU with Govt of Himachal Pradesh. The MoU was signed
between Principal Secretary, Himachal Pradesh & CEO, TSSC at Shimla.
- 27th june, 2014: TSSC-BBNL SIGNS MOU - SKILLING FOR NOFN PROJECT on
27th June, 2014, New Delhi.
- 16th june, 2014: TSSC Signed MoU with MP Govt.
- 6th june, 2014: TSSC Signs MoU with HT Media (Shine.com).
- 2nd june, 2014: TSSC Signed MoU with Microsoft. The MoU was signed between Lt Gen Dr SP Kochhar,
CEO TSSC and Mr Bhaskar Pramanik, Chairman Microsoft India.
- 30th may, 2014: Taiwan India Co-operation Forum.
- 15th may, 2014: NSDC partner Gram Tarang organized a Skill Conclave at
Centurion University in Jatani, Odisha on 5th May, 2014.
- 9th may, 2014: Mr. Sam Pitroda is TSSC Ambassador !!!.
- 7th april, 2014: TSSC - Industry Conclave, Bangalore 7th April, 2013.
- 31st march, 2014: TSSC - Skill Conclave, Assam on 31st Mar 2014.
- 11th march, 2014: TSSC signs MoU with HCL Infosystems & ITI Ltd.
- 10th march, 2014: Northern Regional Skills Summit Skilling for Employability and
Growth Monday, 10 March, 2014: IHC, New Delhi.
- 13th february, 2014: TeleTech 2014 was held on 13th Feb 2014 at Hotel Le Meridien, Pune.
The one day conference was organized by Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) in association with MIT Pune's
MIT School of Telecom Management (MITSOT), with Deloitte as exclusive Knowledge Partner.
The theme of this year’s conference was “Telecom : Enabling Growth and Serving the Masses” .
- 12th february, 2014: TSSC Activities in Hyderabad.
- New Delhi, January 15, 2014: The first anniversary of the Telecom Sector Skill Council (TSSC) at Le Meridian- New Delhi was presided by Shri MF Farooqui,
IAS, Chairman - Telecom Commission and Secretary - Department of Telecom.Speaking on the occasion, Akhil Gupta, President -TSSC and Deputy Group CEO &
Managing Director - Bharti Enterprises said, “TSSC is an initiative aimed at contributing to the Government’s vision of skill development for supporting the country’s
inclusive economic growth. The telecom sector has been a key enabler of economic growth in the country and will need a pool of talent with the right skills to support its future
growth that will be driven by a gamut of technologies".
- 22nd-23rd November , 2013:North East Business Summit The Indian Chamber of Commerce along with the Ministry of Development of NE Region,
Govt of India, organized an International Business Summit at Dibrugarh, Assam on 23-24 Nov 2013. The summit was attended by one Union Minister, Chief Minister of Manipur,
Ministers of 4 Foreign countries from the SE Asian region, besides senior dignitaries from the US Consulate and Foreign office.
Mr B Ravinder taking part in a Panel Discussion on Higher Education and Skill Development, brought out the critical need of vocational training as part of higher
Education and that TSSC working under the aegis of NSDC, was spearheading this aspect for the Telecom Sector. The current STAR scheme aspects and the progress made
todate was also part of the presentation.Further, as a guest speaker in another concurrent session "Boosting the Services Sector", he highlighted the critical role that TSSC
could play in Skill Development in the Services sector, that would act as a force multiplier for Commerce and Business Development.
- 25th October, 2013: A panel discussion on "Mobile Education" was hosted by the Aegis Graham Bell Awards. Mr B Ravinder attended the discussion as a
key speaker to highlight the relevance of mEducation in skill development.
- 28th September, 2013: Mr B Ravinder represented TSSC as a speaker at the CII Skill Conclave in Kolkata for the session titled
"Creating Skill Development Ecosystem: Stakeholders' Perspective". Mr Ravinder spoke about the work SSCs were doing and how it would create value.
"Sectoral Skill Councils are here to bring quality to the training and workplace. Our candidates would be different in three ways - they will stand out in the crowd,
they will be employable from day one, and they will bring value to the job", he said.
- 25th September, 2013: The Department of Employment & Training hosted the National Conference on Skill Development on 25th September
in Gandhinagar with over 3000 people in attendance. Mr B Ravinder attended the event and spoke about "Global Telecom Policy Initiative: Scope for Adaptation in India"
alongside speakers such as Mr J P Rai, Director General National Skill Development Agency.
- 23rd September, 2013: TSSC hosted its 4th Governing Body Meeting at Bharti Corporate Office. The meeting was chaired by Mr Akhil Gupta, President TSSC.
- 16th August, 2013: Honourable Finance Minister launched the National Skill Certification & Reward Scheme
- 5th August, 2013: TSSC hosted its Third Governing Body Meeting at Nokia Corporate Office. The event was chaired by Mr P Balaji, Vice-President TSSC.
- 6th July, 2013:
TSSC co-sponsored a workshop on Sustainable Careers in Telecom with IETE Delhi Chapter. Eminent Speakers from TSSC, Reliance Communications, Nokia Siemens Network, MTNL, BBNL and Bharatiya Vidyapeeth addressed the participants.
- 5th July, 2013 Gandhinagar:
Telecom Sector Skill Council and The Centre for Entrepreneurship Development, Industries Commissionerate, Government of Gujarat signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on 5th July, 2013, to establish Skill Development Centres for the Telecom Sector.
The MoU was signed by Shri Kamal Dayani, IAS, Industries Commissioner and the Chairman of CED with Commodore (Retd.) J. Jena, CEO of Telecom Sector Skill Council at a function in the presence of Shri M. Sahu, IAS, Additional Chief Secretary Industries & Mines Department, Ms. Sonal Mishra, IAS, Commissioner of Employment & Training, Dr. Chandan Chatterjee, Director The Centre for Entrepreneurship Development, Mr. Rajan Mathews, Director General, Cellular Operators Association India, Prof Amit Bhatt, Professor DA-IICT, Mr S. A. Nayak, Director Tejas Knowledge Services and other officials from the Government of Gujarat and Telecom Industries.
With this initiative, Gujarat is expected to create a viable ecosystem to develop a competency based framework towards skill development for the Telecom industry. This aims at narrowing the existing gap between demand and supply of skills, ensure quality vocational training by alignment of its curriculum to National Occupational Standards, facilitate training of trainers and certify the trainees under a robust industry approved assessment system. This initiative, involves the Telecom Sector Skill Council (TSSC) setting up 36 centres in the state, out of which 25 will be established in the next one year, with a capacity of creating 20,000 TSSC certified skilled manpower per annum for the Telecom Sector. Five pilot centres would be established initially at ITIs, GIDC and Tribal areas next month.
- 16th April, 2013: MoU Signing with Australian Industry Skill Councils namely IBSA & E-Oz. Please read more about it in the media releases.
- 8th February, 2013: Second Governing Body Meeting held at Bharti Crescent, New Delhi. (First GBM since Society Registration)
- 8th January, 2013: Society registered under the Society Registration Act, 1860
- 13th - 15th December, 2012: TSSC made its debut at India Telecom held at Pragati Maidan
- 17th November, 2012: The Governing Body met for the first time to deliberate on the path forward
- 1st October, 2012: Activities commenced
- 8th August, 2012: NSDC Board approved proposal and TSSC was born
- February, 2012: COAI, along with ICA and TCOE jointly proposed the formation of the Telecom Sector Skill Council to the NSDC