Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a platform to provide recognition to the informal learning or learning through work to get equal acceptance as the formal levels of education. It aims to appreciate prior learning irrespective of the medium of achieving it. In short, RPL is a process of assessment of an individuals prior learning to give due importance to learning as an outcome rather than learning as process.
MSDE / NSDC have launched new Avatar of RPL scheme. The objective of this Skill Certification Scheme (RPL) is to enable a large number of Indian youth to get industry-relevant up skilling or skilling within the fold of current engagement which shall help them in securing a better livelihood. Individuals with prior learning experience or skills will be assessed and certified under the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) component of the Scheme.
RPL mainly focuses on the individuals engaged in unregulated sectors. The objectives of RPL are primarily three-fold:
(i) To align the competencies of the un-regulated workforce of the country to the standardized National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF),
(ii) To enhance the career/employability opportunities of an individual as well as provide alternative routes to higher skilling and
(iii) To provide opportunities for reducing inequalities based on privileging certain forms of knowledge over others.
RPL PROCESS DOCUMENT
RPL Process Flow
RPL PRICING DOCUMENT
HOW TO APPLY FOR RPL
1. Go through RPL guidelines (page No-17 onwards) DOCUMENT
2. Check your affiliation with TSSC.
3. Select the specific Project out of:
b) Employer’s Location,
4. Submit proposal with all the required data to TSSC. DOCUMENT
5. TSSC would submit the same to NSDC for approval.
6. TSSC post approval will revert to selected Training Partners.
7. Training Partners to execute the further process.
8. For monetary terms check (Monetary table)
9. All projects will be made subject to release of approval by NSDC.
10. For release of amount by NSDC, TSSC will take adequate time to release the same & as per tend to schedule.
11. All communication & follow ups through e-mails only.